If you’d like to volunteer to get involved with the running of Allen Hall Alumni Association then get in touch….
It’s still early days for Allen Hall Alumni Association and we’re going to need YOUR help to ensure that we can continue to grow and achieve our aims over the coming months and years.
If you’d like to get involved please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a contact telephone number. Let us know when you are likely to be available to come along to an informal meeting to be held in Fallowfield at a mutually convenient time.
At present the Alumni Association is run by a small and friendly ‘working party’ of four. We are on the lookout for additional volunteers who would be willing to spare just a few hours per month to help with the planning and organisation of our future communications, reunion events, administration and other initiatives.
Typical tasks for Alumni Association volunteers might include:
- To foster lifelong friendships and networking between former residents and friends of Allen Hall through events, reunions and regular communications, whilst working to establish contact with as many alumni as possible
- To build strong relations between the Alumni Association and the current JCR Committee together with staff, other residents of Allen Hall and its Advisory/Consultative Committees.
- Contacting alumni to research new feature articles and ask for contributions such as memories, announcements, photographs or memorabilia for inclusion on our website and in future editions of our e-newsletter
- Updating our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages on a regular basis
- Uploading new content onto our website
- Planning and promoting reunion events and other social/networking opportunities for alumni of Allen Hall
- Administering our database of Allen Hall alumni and increasing our connections with former residents
- Administering payments for events
- Administering an Alumni Association bank account and maintaining accurate records of any income/expenditure
Allen Hall Alumni Association – The story so far
The objective of Allen Hall Alumni Association is to promote lifelong friendships and networking between former residents and friends of Allen Hall through regular reunion events, effective communications and other initiatives.
At present we produce a quarterly e-newsletter, the Allen Hall Alumni Association Newsletter, which is sent out to all those alumni who are on our mailing list. We need to increase our connections to other alumni of Allen Hall from throughout its entire history, and we can only do this through your enthusiasm and dedication which will help us to spread the word about the Alumni Association.
We also have a dedicated website at www.allenhallalumni.wordpress.com together with online Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages which we are hoping to update regularly with news and contributions sent in from alumni – memories, feature articles, announcements, photographs, etc.
We would also like to build upon the hugely successful 50th anniversary reunion weekend which was held at Allen Hall in September 2011 and heralded the beginnings of our Alumni Association. There are plans afoot to organise a small-scale reunion event in Manchester later in 2013, which will hopefully be followed by a larger reunion dinner sometime in the not-too-distant future. There have also been discussions about organising a London-based reunion event.
We’d love you to get involved and help Allen Hall Alumni Association to be as successful as it possibly can be!